POS Test is a PC-based software application for your laptop or desktop computer running Windows 95 or above. This program is intended to allow service personnel to test the communications link from a Unitec® POS device, POS4000 or Enterlink to an External Point-of-Sale Device (Ext POS, Site Controller or Register). The POSTest is a hardware-only test that will allow the technician to validate the functionality of the Unitec hardware.
This software is also available to Unitec distributors and car wash manufacturers for $28 - includes software disk, instructions, and a universal 25/9 to 25/9 communications cable.
- Download software
- Purchase Cable (Radio Shack Part #’s)
- DB9 male to female null modem adaptor (Radio Shack Giga-Ware # 26-1411)
- DB9F to DB9F lap link cable (Radio Shack Giga-Ware #26-1405).
- Install Software
- After downloading the postest.zip software, copy the file into a temporary directory.
- Use your unzip utility to unzip the postest.zip software. You can download WinZip from www.shareware.com (just search for “WinZip”), or directly from www.winzip.com.
- When the file is completed its decompression, close any DOS window created.
- Run or double click on POSTest.exe to install the POSTest software.
- Immediately click on Help, Read Me for any further instructions.